Online Video Optimisation is sometimes referred to as Video SEO. It is the process of increasing the traffic to a group of, or one specific streamed source.
Video SEO shares many similar traits to regular website search engine optimisation. The most important shared trait of these two, is that of keywords. The choice and implementation of the correct keywords can have a notable increase on traffic.
Remember to think about these 7 Tips to help your Video SEO campaigns.
1. Try to target your keywords before you create a video. Focus on the purpose of the video, who it’s aimed at? and what would that individual type into the search?
It is very important to ensure that your video title is as keyword rich as possible. The title is a major factor of successful video optimisation.
With Video SEO some of your keywords should be the same as your tags. Make sure you also have additional tags. These extra tags should act as a detailed description of your video.
2. When you come round to embed your video on a specific webpage, bear in mind these points. The page which holds the embedded creation should share keyword rich content relating to the video. H1 tags, Meta descriptions, page titles and alt text should all share keyword rich content relating to the video. The more you can implement this, the better for Video SEO. A video’s Meta data should always include title, description and keywords.
3. When producing your video try to incorporate text within certain frames. This text should be keyword specific. Using the first and the last frame for text is advised. Video search engines such as ‘Blinkx’ can read keywords from individual frames using Optical Character Recognition.
4. Ensure that any internal video links within your website content are keyword rich. Don’t limit these links to just your website. Use all your available digital assets, such as a blog, Facebook page or twitter account.
5. Audio is an important part of video SEO and looks like it’s set to become even bigger in the future of video optimisation. Video search engines such as ‘EveryZing’ run voice recognition software to extract a searchable transcript. Having your keywords feature is becoming more and more important for video SEO.
6. Creation of a video sitemap. This will allow bots to crawl your video archive in a much more efficient manner. Google offer plenty of good advice on how to correctly build and implement your video sitemap. See Google Webmaster Tools.
7. We have all heard of an RSS feed by now. Setting up an RSS media feed will set you in good stead. Just like the regular RSS primarily used for text content. An RSS media feed is simply for audio and videos.
The backbone of any decent Video SEO campaign is keyword choice and use. If you can successfully integrate keyword rich content in all the areas mentioned above you will be well on your way to online video optimisation excellence.
Video SEO is a relatively new concept but we will see a noticeable increase in popularity within the coming years. Predictions forecast that within three years time, an impressive 90% of all bandwidth used will be for the use of online videos.